Share this page
Residential Property Sales with O'Connor Murphy
Our Selling Process
SIMPLE, DIRECT, FRIENDLY
1. Qualified means quality Instruct a qualified Chartered Surveyor & Estate Agent to value and market your property.
2. Information we need to give you the best possible advice:
• Professional survey and measurement of the property
• Photographic shoot of the property
• Title check - Freehold – Leasehold (Tenancy, if relevant)
• Site plan / planning
• Review inventory
3. Agree asking price and value We inspect your property and advise you of the approximate opinion of value & suggested asking price.
4. Choosing a method of sale Private Treaty, Public Auction or Sale by Tender. Each method has its own advantages and disadvantages. We discuss the most suitable for your particular property & advise you of our recommended best option.
5. Property Contract We exchange the property services agreement with you and your legal representative, if you wish, to ensure that everything is in order.
6. Professional Fee We agree and confirm our sale fee (plus V.A.T.), payable in the event of a successful sale. There is also an additional listing/outlay cost, for registration and marketing.
7. Marketing Campaign We prepare a marketing campaign specifically tailored to your property.
8. BER Certificate A BER Cert is simply an energy label for your home. The label has a scale of A-G. BER Certificate is compulsory. We can assist you in organising this.
9. Your Solicitor The agent will advise you to “instruct” the solicitor to ensure title deeds have been taken up, contracts have been prepared, consent for sale from mortgage institution (if any) has been received, planning documents are in order, Family Home Protection Act Declaration (if necessary) has been completed and the property has a valid BER Certificate.
10. Prepare your property for viewing See our tips on the following pages. We’ll advise on how best to prepare your property for viewing.
11. Reporting We keep you updated on all interest shown in your property.
12. Completion We seek a booking deposit from the proposed purchasers (subject to contract) once we secure agreement on a potential sale. Your solicitor and the proposed purchase purchaser’s solicitor will receive heads of terms from us on the proposed sale.
Contracts are then sent by your Solicitor to the proposed purchaser’s Solicitors, signed and the balance (if any) of the deposit is paid. A completion date is agreed and the transaction is duly finalised by your Solicitor.
Arrange a Valuation